Monday, February 4, 2013

Get Fit! Get Active! Get... Out of Bed, You Lump

So I'm taking a health and wellness class this semester. And part of the course is to set a Lifestyle Goal to improve my health over the course of the semester.

My Official Goal: Eat healthier. More nutritious food in smaller quantities more often.
My Secondary Goal: Get rid of the muffin top. Ick.

When I started college September 2011, I was 110 pounds. And lean from playing soccer and dancing and carrying 50 pound boxes of popcorn seeds for the concession stand. Now... February 2013, I'm 122 pounds and while I've gained some more muscle working at a restaurant where I'm carrying 50 pounds of custard and sugar and pulling apart machines, I got some padding round my... well, everywhere.

My mom has run two marathons, a half marathon, and has more coming up. She loves running and getting "in the zone". I think she has brain damage. I loathe running. I have permanent patellar tendonitis which crushes the tendons under my knee caps. Consistent running tends to aggravate the situation and I wake up in the middle of the night in mind numbing pain. So I don't run on a regular basis. Or at all if possible. But I did sign up to do the COLOR RUN in MINNEAPOLIS! YEAH! I'm pumped. Look at these people.



They're clearly having way more fun than me, sitting here, writing to you, instead of doing my Literature homework. AND they're running. I know, counter intuitive. Fun and running. But I have five months to get in shape. And here's how I'm gonna do it.


My class schedule this semester leaves me with a good chunk of free time every morning. So I think between this and the one right below in the mornings (Or after work on the weekend) It'll be a good start to my day and towards my Secondary Lifestyle Goal.
   

So that's my new workout plan. But what about the eating healthy, small portions, through out the day? Well that's a different day 'cause I seriously have to do this reading before I go back to class in an hour. But hopefully you're willing to try to make a little change for the better in your life whether it's reducing stress, not drinking four cans of soda a day, or just taking that yoga class you've always wanted to.

-Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment