Monday, January 21, 2013

Spring Will Come Again

I'm petsitting for my parents this weekend. It's -4 Degrees Fahrenheit outside right now. With the windchill? It's -15. Thanks Wisconsin. I totally wanted to freeze the blood in my veins every time I have to run outside to rescue my mom's little shih tzu Tiki from wherever she's decided to get too cold to come back in. But you know what? It's all gonna be alright. Spring is on it's way. Eventually. Hopefully. If you're feeling the winter blues, maybe some bright summer photos would help you. Try the ones I took last August.

 I always used to play with these little caterpillars and name them when I was little. It was bittersweet when they got chubby and then turned into a butterfly.

 The robins last spring nested particularly low in our apple tree out back. This left them vulnerable to the cat and abandoned the nest as soon as possible

As you can probably imagine, immediately after this picture was taken, I created a lovely wreath from these clover and spent the better part of an hour chasing Rosie around and trying to make her pose in it. It did not go well.


  
 Of course no summer photo collection would be complete without some sort of cheery flower.

 
And I couldn't forget my darling Rosie pug. She loves walking right through the middle of the plants and wiggling through my mother's garden whenever it's in bloom. She's like a plant ninja.

Well hopefully those have lifted your mood somewhat. Just remember. Even if it is now... -19 with the windchill, it's gonna get warmer. Just hunker down with some hot chocolate and a good book and before you know it, you'll be wearing shorts instead of three layers of pants, six shirts, and too many socks to count. Mmm... shorts.

-Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment